Business Development & Client Relationship Manager
Classification: Full time, salary, no benefits
Location: Seattle or Chicago
Flip Labs was developed to provide a new model to tackle systems change. Our approach is to build strategic, collective impact; our lens is optimistic; our competency is a powerful combination of analytics and design; and our passion is empathy—for systems and innovators. We aim to bring a new perspective on creating change to the social entrepreneurship, philanthropy, and impact investment spaces.
We are a small, tight-knit team and many of us fill multiple roles within the organization. As important as particular skills are to this role, we also seek an individual who will fit our team culture. We’re looking for someone who can leave his or her ego at the door and become a true team member. We have strong communication skills and team practices, and we hire individuals who can excel in performance and develop relationships well in a virtual, distributed team environment. We also encourage and foster personal development by trusting all members of our team with decision making.
Flip Labs is looking for a Business Development and Client Relationship Manager located in the Seattle or Chicago area. The candidate will be asked to fill multiple roles within a small-but-growing organization. We are a dynamic team seeking individuals willing to perform a diverse range of tasks and tackle challenges on a daily basis. On the business development side, you will be responsible for initiating and developing relationships with potential Flip Labs project clients. Experience pitching philanthropic organizations and/or corporate sponsors is valued, but not required. On the client management side, you will work with clients throughout execution to ensure smooth communication.
The ideal candidate for the position is extroverted by nature, loves interacting with people, and manages relationships with ease. You are also able to grasp big-picture problems, with a focus on how processes work/don’t work and could be improved. Conveying the big picture will be crucial in your communication with funders. You should also have experience in and a record of success in sales and/or fundraising.
Business Development work includes:
- Working with the Executive Director and sales team to develop a strategy for pursuing additional clients in both existing topic specialties and new issue areas;
- Populating and maintaining a pipeline of client leads based upon input from Flip Labs staff;
- Following up on sales leads by conducting initial outreach;
- Working with department heads to scope projects and create milestone timelines;
- Working with the CEO to close client sales; and
- Participating in the sales team’s ongoing efforts to ensure new work is aligned with our mission and strategy.
Client Management work includes:
- Being the primary liaison with Flip Labs clients to ensure their needs are met and exceeded;
- Recognizing opportunities to expand inside sales with existing clients;
- Creating evangelist clients who can assist in securing co-backers for large projects requiring multiple funding sources; and
- Maintaining continuous communication with clients to inform them of progress on Flip Labs projects and generate follow-on sales for phased work.
- 5 years’ experience in sales, with an emphasis on philanthropic or corporate customers;
- Demonstrated track record of excellent client relationship management in any context;
- Experience working with impact investors a plus; and
- Experience in both non-profit and for-profit organizations a plus.
The position is full time with an initial contract for a 3-month period to be renewed based upon performance review. This position requires regular communication with the CEO and COO as well as other staff; regular business hours shall be kept. The position requires domestic travel up to 25% time.
To apply, please submit a resume and three reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “Business Development – YOUR NAME” the subject of the email.